Friday, January 28, 2011

The Riddle, The Da Vinci Code, and Sapphique

Hi! :)
I'm feeling pretty satisfied right now...just finished The Riddle by Alison Croggon, which was completely fantastic and definitely lived up to The Gift/The Naming(prequel). In addition, I finished The Da Vinci Code a couple of days ago, as well as Sapphique by Catherine Fisher. I'm going to go one book at a time, now.


The Riddle by Alison Croggon: Was incredible. I find it really refreshing when a sequel proves to be equal or better than the prequel...instead of being a let-down, y'know? I'm going to very depressed when this...tetra-logy?...is over. This series is honestly one-of-a-kind in its beauty and individuality; it's one of those books that seem to deserve their own sub-section in the fantasy genre.

The Riddle: The Second Book of Pellinor (Pellinor Series)










The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown: Extremely well-written with a fluid, intriguing plot, The Da Vinci Code really was a new sort of book to me. It struck me as a historical fiction thriller, perhaps? Whatever it's genre, it was very, very good as a novel. However...I felt the title wasn't very relevant to the story, at least not enough to warrant its title. Reflections on that? Please comment! :) Oh, almost forgot--this book contains some...mature content...as well as very controversial issues. So please keep that in mind before reading. Also, any comments on the prequel, Angels and Demons?

The Da Vinci Code



Sapphique by Catherine Fisher: I always liked the story of Incarceron. I realized while I was reading Incarceron, the prequel to Sapphique, that this was one of those stories you either like or you don't. A fantasy novel, it really strikes the chords of friendship and rivalry, and the blatant truths of the cold nature of humanity. The two books in the series conjure two worlds that are really one and the same: a dimension where most people kill for themselves, take for themselves, and live for themselves. Every man (or woman) for him or herself. The ending message: Do we have that same nature hidden deep within ourselves, ready to be released if the situation is right?


Sapphique



K, that's all for now. All the books that I have read and finished recently. I obtained Angels and Demons yesterday, so that's on my To Read list. I also need to get The Crow by Alison Croggon. I'm going to put the Hunger Games on hold as well!
Comment!



Medallion

No comments:

Post a Comment