Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Hunger Games

Hello! :)
I'll give a quick dialogue concerning books in general and then go on to The Hunger Games. Feel free to skip this part and go right to the good stuff.

Well, Vespers Rising came out last month, which is the 11th book in the 39 Clues Series...I read the first book, and despite the fact that a friend made a point to buy the second for me...I couldn't finish the 2nd. I remember starting it a year ago or so...then stopping one third through. then a few months later I'd read another few pages and stop. It didn't really captivate me...at points was a little annoying with the cliche Dan and Amy relationship. Scorpia Rising, the latest book in the Alex Rider series, also came out this spring. I haven't really talked much about Alex Rider recently since the last book before SR, Crocodile Tears, came out a few years ago. I assure you it's a great series, though...appealing to both genders so that's a plus. I might make another post later on to elaborate on the AR series by Anthony Horowitz but you could look through last year's posts and I should have something on the series. Books I Have on My Immediate To-Read List: A. Courage to Heal(currently reading), B. The Singing by Alison Croggon(!!!! ) I need to acquire Catching Fire as well but the local library isn't very reliable especially when it comes to popular books like the Hunger Games series. Ah well, I'll find a way to read it. 

Scorpia Rising: An Alex Rider Misson (An Alex Rider Novel)       The Singing: The Fourth Book of Pellinor (Pellinor Series)

Most recently, I have read: The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, The Crow by Alison Croggon, and The Hunger Games; the latter of which shall be the focus of this post. Beginning NOW:





The Hunger Games 


_______________________________________________________________________
Katniss Everdeen...hmm. Interesting name, interesting heroine. I thought the characters were very fleshed-out and realistic. Quickly, somewhat randomly:
I don't know if this is just me or were there a few prominent typos in the book? I found at least 2 or 3...let me know if it's just me.
OK, back to the characters. Katniss, Gale, Prim, and Rue were my favorite characters. If I had to choose one it'd probably be Katniss or Rue. Rue was sort of, SORT of, a combination of Katniss and Prim...she had Prim's adorableness and Katniss' practical skill and intelligence. By this point, I think I can say I fall for dystopian novels pretty easily such as Incarceron by Catherine Fisher and Unwind by Neal Shusterman(AMAZING book). I was a bit surprised by how long it took to actually get to the actual Games, though. But in the end, I enjoyed the book well enough--there were never any unbearably dull points nor incredibly irritating tendencies from the author, and plenty of commendable aspects. However, I do feel that this book  is a bit overrated. It didn't exactly have the "oomph" books like the Harry Potter and Unwind, Alex Rider and The Naming had. Still, I liked it and will definitely be reading Catching Fire.




Medallion

Comments Welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment