Saturday, December 25, 2010

First 10 Chapters of The Lost Hero

Finally. Finally. Finally. At long last, Marvel and I have begun our journey in The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan, the first book of the series, The Heroes of Olympus, which follows the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
I felt that this book was a let-down. A disappointment. I was expecting something with, if not equal, but more genuine writing and excellence. The synopsis for the book, I admit, did captivate me, and during the period where I had not yet obtained the book I would muse over how extraordinary this book would, had to be, for this was another of Riordan's work! I had loved the first series immensely; it was one of the best series/books I have ever read concerning Greek mythology, and was thus convinced that anything Riordan produced would be the same in terms of excellence. It would be unjust to say the story is going terribly thus far(I just finished chapter 10) but it is far from extraordinary. If you would like specifics, comment and I'll do a post(of course, with a SPOILER warning).

Parting Words: Although I am not thrilled with The Lost Hero thus far, who knows? This story could take an turn and become one of the best books I've ever read! I'll see---and let you know! :)



Medallion

Comments Welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment